Pages

Kenzie Boy

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Gavin boy

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sherman

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday 8 July 2012

I Love Sundays

I love Sundays. Who doesn't? But I also hate Sundays as well, because the next day will be my Monday blue! Anyway, Sunday is our no-rice day because we have been eating rice from Monday-Saturday. So on Sunday usually we will either: have steamboat/ tapau dai chau/ fry mee/ boil tongsui/ make a cake.

P/S: We seldom eat out after having Kz as it will be very inconvenient. He will be restless after a while and we won't be able to eat in peace. Everything has to be fast with Kz around: shopping, eating, etc.

Anyway I made 3 things today: Steamed banana chocolate chip raisin cake, fried black pepper udon and red bean tongsui (picture not taken).

Steamed banana chocolate chip raisin cake:
2 ripe bananas-mashed
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup icing sugar
1 teaspoon oil
2 teaspoon water
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 packet of raisins (I used Ligo)
A handful of choc chips (I used Hershey's)
Mix everything together, steam for 20 mins or when fork comes out clean.
Tips: Cover top with aluminium foil and coat bottom with fluor+butter as it will be easier to take out.

Fried udon with black pepper sauce:
1 packet udon mee (I used Megah brand)
1 bell pepper
1 big onion
3 cloves garlic
Pork (sau yoke)
Minced meat
Sausages (optional) or any other stuff that's in the fridge
1 packet of black pepper sos (any brand, I used a pre mixed brand written all over in Thai and it's very "yeh mei")
Boil udon and follow packet instructions. In another wok fry all the ingredients. Scoop aside (I scooped aside because my wok is not big enuff to handle all the "liew" and udon). Lastly fry garlic (love lots of it), mix with black pepper sos, toss in the boiled udon and the pre fried ingredients (that has been scooped out earlier). Serve hot.

No big deal I know. The cake looks like kuih (I think I put too much flour) and fried udon is a common dish, it is all about the sauce mix. Nothing to hoo haa about, but heck, who cares. As long as I have done my duties as a wife (cook dinner, made cakes, boil tongsui and hubby is happy & eats my food).

No comments:

Post a Comment