Pages

Kenzie Boy

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Gavin boy

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sherman

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday 25 March 2013

Homemade Pan Mee

Made pan mee for dinner yesterday as I have ran out of ideas on what to cook for dinner. Usually on Sundays, I have no mood to cook and I always ask hubby the same questions: What do you want to eat, what do you feel like eating, tonight eat what, etc. And his answers will always be the same: Up to you, you cook what I eat what, you decide, etc.

A lot of work needed to be done to make this so-called simple meal, but it was all worth it because hubby kept praising it tasted so good and tasted like it was bought from the hawker stall.

I had some chicken soup left in the fridge by the way. While that was heating up, I fried ikan bilis and shallots until fragrant. Added water into the chicken soup, and pour the sizzling ikan bilis and shallots mixture into the boiling soup. I boiled for 30 minutes, added salt to taste.

Next, I prepared the "liew" (condiments). I blanched mushroom, choy sum and assorted balls in a saucepan (separately). Then I fried ikan bilis and minced pork in another wok (separately also).



Oops, I almost forgot to write about the main ingredient - the dough of pan mee, haha. I prepared the dough about 2 hours in advance and let it sit in a bowl. I used 2.5 cups of plain flour and water, that's all. Kneaded until it reached the suitable consistency. No measurement for the water, it's all agak-agak.

Pinched the dough in small pieces and dropped into the soup when it was boiling. Lots of work, but well, it was well worth it.





No comments:

Post a Comment