Pages

Kenzie Boy

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Gavin boy

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sherman

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday 30 July 2012

Routine Weekend

Feels like it is already a routine every weekend: Eating out on Friday after work (sometimes no, depends), grocery shopping, visit in laws, make some ice lollies and steam a cake for supper on Saturday, bring Kz to the pool and cook "no-rice" dishes for dinner on Sunday.

Anyway, attempted to cook hokkien mee yesterday for dinner. It turned out well. Yummy. Before I continue more on yesterday, I will start with Friday night, after work. We went to the same Taiwanese restaurant for dinner. Hubs had the beef steamboat with rice, I had noodles with shredded meat and vegetables. We called an additional fried chicken.


On Saturday, went to the Jusco Cheras Selatan to buy some stuffs before going to the in laws, as usual. At night, I made cherry+strawberry yogurt ice lollies. Later at night, I steamed cake again. This time, with peanut butter filling. I was stupid not to realize peanut butter is heavy, hence, it sunk right to the bottom. But the cake was good though, moist and soft.



On Sunday, we brought Kz to the pool around 2-3pm for swimming time.


Then, I cooked hokkien mee for dinner. Turned out to be delicious!

Main inredients:
Hokkien noodles - 1 packet
Chicken stock - 1 cup

"Liew" for the noodles
Pork (marinate with corn starch and salt)
Pig liver
Half cabbage / chinese cabbage (I used chinese cabbage)
A few pieces of fish cakes / fish balls (I used both)
Minced pork

Sauce
Oyster sauce - 3 tbsp
Soy sauce - 3 tbsp
Thick black sauce - 1 tbsp
Sesame oil - 1/2 tbsp
Sugar - 1/2 tbsp
Corh starch (mixed with water)
Chicken granules (optional, but I did not use it as I used chicken stock to cook my noodles)

Fry garlic in a pan. Add in pork, minced pork, cabbage, fish cakes and liver. Don't overcook the liver. Scoop aside.
In another pot, braise noodles with chicken stock until noodles is soft. Add in the pre-fried "liew" and sauce, add corn starch, mix until the gravy consistency is right, serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment